Zhe “Philip” Wang was born and raised in China. After graduating from college with a bachelor of science in electrical engineering, he started his career as a patent engineer in the Intellectual Property Division of a worldwide renowned Fortune 500 Consumer Electronics company in Tokyo, Japan. Over a three-year span, he has handled hundreds of patent applications and prosecutions filed in Japan, the United States, China, Europe, South Korea, and Taiwan, with a concentration on semiconductor, display, and telecommunication technologies. He also participated in several special task groups to conduct patent infringement analysis, litigation defense, reverse engineering, and prior art searches.
After leaving Japan, Mr. Wang joined the patent group of a top Chinese IP law firm in Beijing, China, focusing on the preparation of patent applications and their prosecution in China and client relations. He was also trained by in-house counsel and former Department Director of the State Intellectual Property Office of China with regard to Chinese patent law and prosecution expertise, which inspired him to continue to pursue his legal career. Mr. Wang also passed the patent bar exam in China and holds a China Patent Agent Qualification Certificate.
The rigorous legal education provided at the University of Houston Law Center transformed Mr. Wang into a critical thinker as well as an avid advocate for clients seeking legal assistance. In addition to his studies, he was also actively engaged in student organizations and served as vice president of the Asian Law Student Association.
Mr. Wang currently practices primarily in the area of patent litigation. While his previous industrial experience has helped him to excel in the area of patent law, he has also been exposed to a variety of other practice areas such as business and finance, oil and gas, immigration and international litigation, and he currently participates in all types of civil litigation.
Mr. Wang is a native speaker of Chinese. He is also proficient in Japanese.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas – J.D. – 2012
- Faculty of Law, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China – Semester Exchange Program – 2011
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China – B.S. in Electronic Engineering and Information Technology – 2005
- 2011 to 2014 – Law Clerk and Associate at Clearman | Prebeg LLP
- 2010 – Summer Law Clerk at Hewlett-Packard Company (HP Enterprises Services in Plano, Texas)
- 2008 – Joined Kangxin Partners, P.C.
- 2005 – Joined Sony Corporation
Admitted to Practice
- Admitted to practice in the State of Texas and United States District Courts for the Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- Eligible to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (Limited Recognition)
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Section of Intellectual Property Law